There will be another College Goal Sunday http://www.collegegoalsunday.
org/ on February 23, 2020. If you are planning to attend, be sure to look at the checklist (see below) of what students/parents should bring. It is best that both the student and one parent request a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/ create-account/account-info prior to filing the FAFSA online. Collage Goal Sunday will be held at Ivy-Tech Community College at 2pm on February 23. Students/families will be able to file their FAFSA at the College Goal Sunday event. Staff from both Purdue and Ivy-Tech will be on hand to assist in Lafayette.
- Scholarship Opportunity I am pleased to announce that once again in partnership with the Delta Eta Chapter, Tri Kappa will be awarding scholarships to local graduating seniors who will be attending college in the fall of 2020. We will select one winner for a $2,000 award and two winners for $1,000.Kappa Kappa Kappa is a statewide women’s philanthropic organization unique to Indiana and dedicated to the promotion of charity, culture and education. The organization has been in existence for more than 100 years, and has 146 active chapters. Together, Lafayette’s Delta Eta chapter and West Lafayette’s Epsilon chapter present $4,000 in scholarships to local graduating seniors each year. We are honored and excited to recognize outstanding and accomplished high school seniors and to help alleviate some of their college costs.An eligible applicant must be a high school senior and a resident of Tippecanoe County. The student must meet entrance requirements and plan to enroll at an accredited college or university. He or she must have a combined SAT score of at least 1200 (on the present scoring system). Applications will be evaluated based on academic excellence as well as involvement in extracurricular and community service activities and work experience. Financial need is not required for consideration. The attached file (below) is the scholarship application in electronic fill-in form. Please return to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application is due by Friday, February 28, 2020. Late applications will not be accepted. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns that you might have regarding the Tri Kappa scholarship.Sincerely,Janet Day, Tri Kappa Scholarship Chair
- Don’t forget to complete the Google Form for any scholarships/offers you receive. The Class of 2020 has received over $4 million dollars!
- Senior Grad Parties – If you are working on a day/time for your student’s party, please check out the calendar to consider any overlapping parties. Once you have determined a day/time, be sure to enter it in on the Google Form so that we can get it added to the calendar. The parties will be added to the calendar in the order the forms are received.
- The deadline for the March 14th SAT administration is February 14, 2020. You can register at the college board website. Students can stop by Student Services if they are eligible for a fee waiver.
- Staff from Purdue’s Division of Financial Aid and Ivy-Tech Lafayette’s Financial Aid office will offer the 2nd 2020-21 FAFSA information session in Ivy-Tech’s, Ivy Hall auditorium on Wednesday February 5, 2020 from 6:30-8pm. This is a general information session only and we will not be filing the FAFSA that evening. Anyone can attend. Flyer below.
- All juniors can sign up and take action to be eligible for College Board Opportunity Scholarships. This scholarship program lays out six key steps for college planning and gives students chances to earn scholarships for completing those steps.
Build Your College List: $500
Open Through July
Students who create and save a college list on BigFuture™ with six or more colleges will earn a chance at a $500 scholarship.
Practice for the SAT: $1,000
Open Through October
Students who use Official SAT® Practice on Khan Academy® and practice for six or more hours will earn a chance at a $1,000 scholarship.
8th Grade Parents – SAVE THE DATE!
- Freshman Orientation will be held on Tuesday, January 21st at 5:30pm in the CC Cafeteria.