Juniors: Applications are now being accepted for the Student Ambassador Program!
As part of our mission to develop servant leaders, the Office of Student Services is re-establishing the Student Ambassador program this school year. The Student Ambassador program will consist of a group of outstanding students selected to represent the Lafayette Catholic School System in a variety of capacities at school and in the community. The application and interview process will consider student’s shared and documented strengths and weaknesses in order to use this program as an avenue for personal growth and opportunity. Students selected will be expected to commit for two years and serve on the interview committee their second year of service. For the initial year of implementation, we are limiting applications to current Juniors. Juniors with grade point averages 3.0+ are highly encouraged to apply. We want to encourage students who may not typically apply for such a role to step out of their “comfort zone” and set personal goals in the role of an Ambassador.
Duties Performed by Student Ambassadors
Student Ambassadors represent the Lafayette Catholic Schools, in the schools and in the community. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide campus tours
- Assist with events such as Alumni Weekend, Grandparents Day, Knights to Remember Luncheon, St. Frances Luncheon and Graduation
- Connect with students who have specific questions about our community
- Serve as orientation leaders
- Assist new students with their transition to Central Catholic
- Promote opportunities to be actively involved on campus
- Advance the ideals of the Lafayette Catholic Schools through community outreach efforts
Benefits of Becoming a Student Ambassador
- Develop valuable leadership and communication skills
- Make meaningful connections with prospective and new students and their families
- Work closely with the LCSS faculty, staff and administration
- Enhance your personal resume
- Enrich presentation skills and boost confidence
Please apply using the link below. Applications will be accepted through next Friday, September 14th and interviews will be scheduled the week of September 17th.