This is a reminder that all 10th and 11th grade students (including virtual learners) will take the PSAT TOMORROW, Wednesday, October 14th. Unless you are quarantined for exposure or testing positive, you are expected to be at school to take the PSAT. The 10th grade will test in Eberle Gym and the 11th grade in McHale gym. All student desks will be 6 feet apart and masks will be worn. We are asking that everyone arrive to their testing location NO LATER than 7:45am. We need to complete the pre-administration items before testing begins.
*If you are quarantined and unable to take the PSAT this Wednesday, you will take it on October 29th at CC. More details will be sent after fall break.
If you are registered for the SAT School Day, please report to Eberle gym by 1:00pm. If you are registered for the SAT and unable to come to school due to quarantine, your registration will be cancelled unfortunately. The College Board is waiving the fee for unused test booklets and you will be reimbursed. Please visit the College Board website for additional opportunities to take the SAT this fall.
Items needed and information for testing:
- Two, No. 2 pencils with erasers
- Book to read
- Water bottle and snack to keep under the desk/table
- Breaks will be provided during test sessions
- It will be a SPIRIT DAY
*Cell phones and smart watches are not permitted and will be collected before testing begins. Students will not be allowed to leave the testing session early.
Tips for a Successful Testing Experience
- Do something you enjoy, like listening to soft music or reading before you go to bed. This will help you relax.
- Go to bed early and get a good night’s sleep.
- Wake up early so that you don’t need to rush through having breakfast and getting ready.
- Eat a balanced breakfast and don’t add anything new to your diet. Eggs, yogurt, or bananas are always good options.
- Before leaving home, check that you have everything you will need – especially your No.2 PENCILS and a CALCULATOR!
- When you arrive to school, head to your designated testing room with plenty of time to spare. A lot of unexpected events can happen on your way there and you do not want to be late!
- If there are people around who are panicking, avoid them!
- Use the restroom before the exam starts. Exams can be quite long and there is no time to waste.
- Relax – you’ve got this!