Learn to Lead
What makes someone a great leader? What leadership characteristics do others most admire? What are your strengths as a leader, and what areas do you want to improve?
Leadership 101 Summer Program
June 17-29, 2018
University of Dayton campus
During this two-week, residential learning experience, you’ll gain an understanding of the foundations of leadership, assess your leadership behaviors to determine your preferred leadership style, discover the five practices of exemplary leadership, and create a personal leadership development plan. This highly interactive session includes extensive discussion and collaborative exchange of ideas, leadership assessments, class and individual exercises, guest speakers and site visits.
You will learn how to improve leadership skills, how to develop, lead, participate on highly effective teams, and examine how critical skills such as communication, time management, decision-making, and conflict resolution impact leadership and your ability to lead others.
You will receive three credit hours, which will serve as a business elective if you attend UD as a business major. Credit may transfer to another institution.
Application & Program Cost
- Rising high school juniors and seniors.
- Rising first-year college students.
- Applying for Leadership 101 is easy and is completed through our online application form.
- Registration deadline is March 9, 2018.
- Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email with further instructions on how to send in your official high school transcript.
- After your official high school transcript is received, your application will be reviewed. If accepted, students will be notified via email with further instructions, post-acceptance paperwork and payment directions.
- Space is limited and students are accepted on a rolling basis, so it is possible that the camp could reach capacity prior to the application deadline.
- We reserve the right to cancel the program due to low enrollment at any point.
- Cost is $3,000 (covers instruction, course credit, class materials, meals, housing and excursion fees).
- Further instructions for payment will be communicated to each student upon acceptance into the program.
For program-related inquiries, contact April Mescher, Business Director at the Center for Leadership, at email@example.com.
For more information about the application process contact William Coleman, Admission and Financial Aid Counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.