ISTEP+ Testing is scheduled for Monday, February 22nd (English/Language Arts) and Tuesday, February 23rd (Mathematics). This fulfills a postsecondary competency required for graduation, so attendance is mandatory (even virtual learners)!
*Quarantined students will be included in a retest (if able to return to school) or in the August retest.
Student Tips for a Successful Testing Experience
- Do something you enjoy, like listening to music or watching TV before you go to bed. This will help you relax.
- Go to bed early and get a good night’s sleep.
- Wake up early so that you don’t need to rush through having breakfast and getting ready.
- Have a balanced breakfast and don’t add anything new to your diet. Eggs, yogurt, or bananas are always good options.
- Before leaving home, check that you have everything you will need – especially your CHARGED MacBook and calculator!
- When you arrive to school, head to your designated testing room with plenty of time to spare. A lot of unexpected events can happen on your way there and you do not want to be late!
- If there are people around who are panicking, avoid them!
- Use the restroom before the exam starts. Exams can be quite long and there is no time to waste.
- Relax – you’ve got this!