Hey CC meet Tyler Trent! He was born and raised in Carmel, Indiana and is now a college student at Purdue who is battling Osteosarcoma cancer. Tyler’s first battle was when he was only 15 years old and it reappeared again two years later. The cancer was so strong he had to get his pelvis and hip removed. The doctors found a third osteosarcoma tumor growing on his spine his freshman year at Purdue. He went through chemotherapy, but the scans showed Tyler’s tumor is still growing and a new one has appeared. Tyler’s goal in life is to live to see cancer cured, he knows that may not be a possibility but he hopes his legacy will encourage people to donate to the cause. We are going to have a spirit day in honor of Tyler on Thursday, August 30th ($2 for sweats, $1 for jeans), but all of the donations we collect will be donated to Tyler’s fight against cancer so additional contributions will be appreciated! If you intend to participate in this spirit day, you may choose to wear a school appropriate yellow shirt for the type of cancer Tyler has! Of course, CC shirts are acceptable for Spirit Days also.
Dr. Melanie Davis
Director of Student Services
Assistant Principal and Dean of Students
Director of Campus Ministry
Recent CC Blog Posts
- Congratulations to Lucas Gerkey and Connor Simmons
- Student Services – KNIGHT360 News!
- Welcome Adrianna Rojas!
- Senior High Fall Sports Awards Banquet Night
- PACE Card Party
- 28th Annual Golf Outing Raises Over $17,000 for Tuition Assistance
- Alumni Weekend Continues to Grow
- One Man’s Commitment to Others Creates a Lifetime Legacy
- LCSS State of the Schools
- Alumni Corner: Brother Edward Libbers