- We’re focusing on a “Take 5” prompt to enter into Lent at all times of the day (see attached picture): Five minutes for Scripture, prayer, a walk, and five acts of kindness, things you’re grateful for. The kids will see reminders of this all over the school, including the cafeteria.
Every Wednesday – We sing the Divine Mercy Chaplet in Chapel at the start of each class period!! You are welcome to join us!
Every Friday – We pray the Stations of the Cross in Chapel at the start of each class period!! You are welcome to join us!
- At Mass, we omit the opening and closing song to focus more on the sacrifice quietly.
- Each teacher has planned a new way to start prayer in their classroom that includes more Scripture and reflection.
- Each teacher has “given up” something in their classroom.. Taking down decor, only using one-color of whiteboard marker, etc.
- We are not doing any classroom parties or spirit days (leave those NUT cards for the Easter season) until after Lent.
- We will be doing a school supplies and sports equipment drive in April — led by our seniors — and donating to kids in our community! (more info to come)
- Learn more about Lent: What is Lent? Preparing for Lent!
- Go to Confession and ask the priest for some spiritual direction!
- Ask a faith-filled friend for prayers and spiritual support!
- Do a 3-Minute Retreat!
- Get the 40-Day Spiritual Workout book/app!
- Follow and listen to the daily readings on YouTube!
- Browse the incredible faith-filled website Formed.org (use our school login: firstname.lastname@example.org with password: CCReligion) or YouTube’s Catholic Answers Live!
- Listen to and pray along with the 15-minute Rosary videos on YouTube (w/ ocean sounds!).
- Gentlemen: Get the FREE e-book from ThoseCatholicMen.com or browse around www.catholicgentleman.net.
- Ladies: join a Facebook group like “Among the Lilies” or “Blessed is She – Midwest”!
Give up something amazing this year!