Dear CC High School Parents,
We invite you to join us for a reception on Tuesday, May 15th, to learn more about the college experience from CC alumni.
CC graduates who are currently enrolled in college or who have recently graduated will be answering questions about their experiences, from applying to schools, choosing a major, daily college life, as well as the issues and challenges they faced. These alumni are a valuable resource available to you as parents, and we hope you can attend!
This will be a cocktail reception at the Lafayette Country Club, on Tuesday, May 15th from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., with light hor-d’oeuvres and a cash bar. During the event, you will have the opportunity to personally speak with the CC Alum, and anonymously submit questions to the alumni panelists. Around 6 p.m., the panelists, as a group, will answer the questions you have submitted. Some of the questions parents have already submitted are:
- How did you select your major? Did you switch majors while in college?
- What do you wish you knew prior to starting college?
- What was most important to you in selecting your university? Why did you choose the school you attended over any other?
- When did you start looking at colleges?
- Did you have outside help when preparing your college applications (from a tutor, teacher, etc.)?
As a follow-up to this event, on Thursday, May 17th, junior and senior students will have an opportunity to have lunch with many of these alumni and discuss their college questions, so this reception is parents-only.
Please RSVP below by Sunday, May 13th.