Please be sure your child is well rested, properly fueled and arrives to school on time these days. PACE will be providing drinks and snacks for the students again tomorrow – THANK YOU to everyone who volunteered to help with this!
You can check out the ISTEP+ “Experience” opportunity to see how test items are presented in the online system. As Part 1 included open-ended response items, Part 2 will only include multiple-choice and technology-enhanced items. ISTEP+ Experience
Student Tips for a Successful Testing Experience
- Do something you enjoy, like listening to music or watching TV before you go to bed. This will help you relax.
- Go to bed early and get a good night’s sleep.
- Wake up early so that you don’t need to rush through having breakfast and getting ready.
- Have a balanced breakfast and don’t add anything new to your diet. Eggs, yogurt, or bananas are always good options.
- Before leaving home, check that you have everything you will need – especially your CHARGED MacBook and calculator!
When you arrive to school, head to your designated testing room with plenty of time to spare. A lot of unexpected events can happen on your way there and you do not want to be late!
- If there are people around who are panicking, avoid them!
- Use the restroom before the exam starts. Exams can be quite long and there is no time to waste.
- Relax – you’ve got this!