10th Grade ISTEP+ is next Tuesday, May 2nd and Wednesday, May 3rd! All 9th grade students in Biology I will take the Science portion on Thursday, May 4th.
Please be sure your child is well rested, properly fueled and arrives to school on time these days. PACE will be providing drinks and snacks for the students on the longer testing days (Tuesday & Wednesday) – THANK YOU to everyone who volunteered to help with this!
You can check out the ISTEP+ “Experience” opportunity to see how test items are presented in the online system. As Part 1 included open-ended response items, Part 2 will only include multiple-choice and technology-enhanced items. ISTEP+ Experience
Student Tips for a Successful Testing Experience
- Do something you enjoy, like listening to music or watching TV before you go to bed. This will help you relax.
- Go to bed early and get a good night’s sleep.
- Wake up early so that you don’t need to rush through having breakfast and getting ready.
- Have a balanced breakfast and don’t add anything new to your diet. Eggs, yogurt, or bananas are always good options.
- Before leaving home, check that you have everything you will need – especially your CHARGED MacBook and calculator!
When you arrive to school, head to your designated testing room with plenty of time to spare. A lot of unexpected events can happen on your way there and you do not want to be late!
- If there are people around who are panicking, avoid them!
- Use the restroom before the exam starts. Exams can be quite long and there is no time to waste.
- Relax – you’ve got this!