LCSS School Families are invited to take part in a scavenger hunt! Players will complete missions through an app, while also being able to see what others are up to through the activity feed of text, video, and photo submissions. This event will run from January 30th at 7:00 a.m. through February 7th at 10:00 p.m., which also happens to be Catholic Schools Week.
The missions are designed so that your family is your team, and all LCSS families can participate. You can have all members of your family download the app on their phones to follow along and to submit answers and complete missions.
The cost is $10 per family. If you would like to participate, but the cost is prohibitive, please chose option 3 on the registration form.
Once you have registered for the game, rules and detailed information on how to access the game will be emailed to you. You can also view the details and rules below:
Details and Rules
- Mission Requirements. Missions for the LCSS Scavenger Hunt will be completed through the Goose Chase app. The app is free to download. Missions will require you to submit an answer, take a photo, or take a video through the app to earn points. All photos or videos submitted must be taken during game time. You will not be able to use stored photos or videos that were previously taken.
- LCSS Families. The game is open to all LCSS families. You will compete as a family team. You can have all members of your family download the app on their phones to follow along and to submit answers and complete missions.
- Cost. The cost to participate in the LCSS Scavenger Hunt is $10 per family. All proceeds go to LCSS. If you can not afford to pay, you can still participate in the event. There is no additional cost to complete missions while playing the game.
- Game Length. The game will go live at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 30 and will run until 10:00 p.m. on Sunday, February 7. Starting Saturday morning, you will be able to see all the available missions and begin playing. These missions will be available for the entire length of the game to complete. You do not need to rush and complete them that day.
- Additional Missions. Every evening there will be a Knightly Trivia Question that will be sent via text to participants at 6:00 p.m. These Knightly Trivia Questions will only be available for two hours. A text with the answer needs to be submitted between 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. in order to receive credit for that mission. There will also be daily missions sent out every morning to add some new challenges each day. The daily missions will not expire until the end of the game so you do not need to rush to complete those missions.
- Prizes. Points will be awarded for each mission your team completes. Each mission has a point value associated with it. Complete missions and accumulate points. The team with the most points at the end of the game will win the grand prize of a PlayStation 5 game console. If there is a tie, one team will be drawn at random from the top teams. The grand prize will be awarded on Monday, February 8 after the game has been completed. No late entries will be accepted. In addition to the grand prize of a PS5, we have 5 daily door prize giveaways that all teams can win just by signing up! We also have several smaller prizes that are linked to specific missions.
- Team Participation. As a family scavenger hunt, we encourage the entire family to participate and do the challenges together. However, if one of your family members is unable to participate in a mission, the rest of the team can play a team member down. Central Catholic students will have school-specific missions that can only be accomplished by them. If you do not have a CC student, there are other options to the CC missions so that all families have the opportunity to earn the maximum amount of points.
- Location. Missions are completed inside your home and outside in our community. There is also a CC element to this game where only CC students can complete those missions while on campus. These CC specific missions will be added each weekday during the game, and CC students will have a chance to complete them during school and win door prizes. If you do not have a CC student, there are other options to the CC missions so that all families have the opportunity to earn the maximum amount of points.
- Privacy. Photos and videos submitted in the app will be available to view by the other teams within the app. You will also be able to see an interactive leaderboard and cheer on other teams. The LCSS Scavenger Hunt is a private game, and only LCSS families who register will be able to play the game.
- Social Media. The LCSS Administration will not share pictures or videos on social media or on our website, but we would love for you to share your own submissions to your social media accounts.
- Final Answer. All submissions will be reviewed by the judges. If a judge deems your submission to not fit the criteria of the mission, your team will lose the points earned for that mission. The final decision of the judges is final and there is no appeal process.
And be sure to check out the LCSS Scavenger Hunt Tips for a successful game!