- Take a look at your Naviance assessment results from last school year.
- Set goals for the school year. Working toward specific goals helps you stay motivated and focused.
- Explore extracurricular activities. Getting involved in clubs and other groups is a great way for you to identify interests and feel more engaged in school. Read more about the benefits of extracurriculars.
- Start thinking about financial aid. It’s not too early to look into types of aid that could help you cover college costs. Start by reading 7 Things You Need to Know About Financial Aid.
- Discuss next year’s classes. Make sure you are challenging yourself — and taking the courses college admission officers expect to see. Review your graduation diploma promise. Learn more about the high school classes that colleges look for.
- Start a college list. Visit College Search Step-by-Step to get tips on starting a college search and figuring out what matters most to you when choosing a college.
- See how much you need to save for college. Use the College Savings Calculator to get an idea of where you are compared to your savings goal.
- Make summer plans. Summer is a great time to explore interests and learn new skills — and colleges look for students who pursue meaningful summer activities. Find out ways to stay motivated this summer.