CC junior, Cade Olinger, is organizing an effort to raise awareness and funds for 2015 Hunger Hike. Hunger Hike is an annual community fundraising event and all proceeds directly support the Lafayette Urban Ministry food assistance programs including the St. John’s/LUM Food Pantry; Food Finders Food Bank, Inc.; and St. Thomas Aquinas’ Haitian Ministry including the Haiti Water Purification Project.
Cade would like to get the LCSS community involved in two ways.
- Join the Team: Walk with us on Sunday, September 20 or run on Saturday, September 19 to fight both local and global hunger!
- Give: You can give online by following the directions below OR drop your spare change in the buckets during carpool this Friday morning at CC! Cade’s goal is to raise at least $100 to fight hunger!
More information can be found at Hunger Hike 2015.
To donate online:
- Go to www.hungerhike.org website
- Scroll down to the 7 ways to participate
- Number 4 is help support a team
- You will be directed to the First Giving page
- Select the TEAMS tab
- Scroll to find the LCSS team and donate.