As the school year winds down I’d like to shine a spotlight on the Central Catholic PACE organization. PACE–Partners for Academic & Community Enrichment–was formed at the beginning of this school year, combining the key responsibilities of the former Academic Booster Club and the Parents’ Guild.
The intention of PACE is to:
- Increase academic enrichment for students and support for teachers
- Promote a sense of community for all parents and “stakeholders” of Central Catholic
- Promote a sense of stewardship of our school and it’s resources
Over the course of the school year, PACE has funded the following enrichment activities and materials, to name a few:
- Entrance fees and attendance at the Scholastic Art Show at Butler University
- Purchase of materials for the study of Pope Francis’ Laudato Si
- Educational DVD’s for Spanish classes
- Field trips for English and U.S. History classes
- Books and materials for Academic Super Bowl teams
- New music for the Pep Band
In addition to supporting academic activities, PACE has served countless meals to teachers, staff, and contest judges. And that’s just part of what PACE has done for teachers and students throughout the year.
Watch this summer for PACE news–there will be a PACE information/help table at the school uniform sale (date TBA); and the Knightline datebook is being re-vamped and will be ready for purchase at Student Orientation, August 14. I encourage parents to get involved in PACE. It’s a great way to support our school and build lasting friendships!